It has a passenger port, which covers about half of the total passenger traffic to abroad by ship. It also has a commercial port and a boat marina. Today, the port of Patras is the most important shipping terminal in Western Greece and it connects the country to Italy.
The Northern port of Patras has 4 main docks. At the Port there is a Passenger Accommodation Station that offers:
- 210 Parking spaces in the south shore area of the port, free of charge.
- 200 PARKING SPACES in the area of the church of Agios Andreas, by the lighthouse square at a fee of 1.35 Euros per entry with a maximum length of stay 24 hours.
- 500 Parking spaces, free of charge, for customer transactions with the various services in the port area.
- 150 Parking spaces in the marina, free of charge.
- 200 Parking spaces in the north of the port area, for the benefit of the citizens of the northern zone of Patras, free of charge.
NEW SOUTH PORT
As of July of 2011, the new southern port of Patras is in service to accommodate the routes of Patras-Italy.
Access by bus
The move by bus from the port to the center of Patras and vice versa is served by the line number 18 of Patras Urban Bus service.
More information on bus routes and stops for the line nº18 is shown on the web page of Patras Urban Bus http://www.astikopatras.gr/line18.php
Patras Port Authority Telephone: (+30)2610 341002, (+30) 2610 316400
Fax: (+30)2610 327136