Blue Star Ferries
Blue Star Ferries was founded in 1965 as Strintzis Lines by the Strintzis family from Lixouri, Kefalonia. The company was rebranded as Blue Ferries in 2000 following Attica Enterprises’ acquisition of a 48% stake in the company. Blue Star Ferries is a sister company of Superfast Ferries, as both are part of the Attica Group and have had partnership in some routes, such as Rosyth to Zeebrugge and presently Piraeus-Heraklion.
In 2006 Blue Star Maritime S.A. purchased the Dodecanese ferry company DANE Sea Lines.
Blue Star Ferries built two ferry-type ships at Daewoo Shipyards in Korea. The first ferry, named Blue Star Delos, was delivered in first 10 days of October 2011 and the second, Blue Star Patmos in July 2012. Blue Star Delos is currently on the route: Piraeus-Paros-Naxos-Ios-Thira and Blue Star Patmos on the route: Piraeus-Chios-Mytilini(Lesvos).
Blue Star Ferries is one of the leading companies in the Greek shipping industry. Its new and modern vessels serve the itineraries between the port of Piraeus and Cyclades, Dodecanese islands and North East Aegean islands. Moreover, a vessel travels through Greece and Italy.
Presently, the company owes 9 vessels, while 5 of them were constructed after the middle of the 2000s. All the vessels of the company are new, modern and quick. They have all the facilities you may need during your trip and all the kind of luxurious facilities. Over the last years, the company has been certified with ISO 9001 which shows the quality of services provided, Moreover, the vessels of Blue Star Ferries have been awarded the ISO 14001 and the company became the first Greek company to get a certification for developing an Environmental Policy.
PASSENGER NAME LIST
- According to EU Directive 98/41 it is mandatory, for safety reasons, to list by name all passengers on every sailing.
- To make that possible, tickets are issued BY NAME and specifically must include:
– PASSENGER’S FIRST AND LAST NAME
– GENDER: MALE/FEMALE
– AGE: ADULT-CHILD-INFANT
In addition, the issuing agent must be notified of passengers requiring SPECIAL CARE
- It is strictly forbidden to issue tickets on board; therefore, for their convenience, passengers must contact their travel agent on time, to book and issue their tickets.
- Children up to 5 years old: it is obligatory to issue a Free of Charge ticket.
Use is only allowed to the holders of numbered seat tickets.
a) report at the embarkation area at least one (1) hour before departure.
b) if travelling by car, one (1) hour before departure.
Drivers are obliged to embark and disembark their vehicle. Vehicles’ passengers must exit the vehicle before embarkation. Vehicles’ priority order for embarkation is determined by the Port Regulations of each Port Authority, where embarkation takes place.
All passengers should be able to present their valid travel documents. The company reserves the right not to allow boarding in case of a passenger not having the travel documents required.
In case a passenger wishes to disembark prior the ship’s departure, he/she is obliged to inform the vessel’s Purser’s Office and upon leaving the ship to take all of his/her luggage as well. In case of vehicles, please mind that there is the possibility of being unable to remove them from the ship’s garage due to their pre-arranged parking positions.
TICKET OPTION DATE
Tickets must be issued within a specific time period following their booking, of which passengers are advised by their travel agent. If tickets are not issued within this period, the booking is automatically cancelled.
OPEN DATE TICKETS
- Open date tickets are valid for boarding only if a boarding card, valid for the specific date of travel, has been issued. Open date tickets are valid indefinitely.
- Upon embarkation, the original ticket and issued boarding card must be handed over to the ship’s Purser for ticket control.
- Tickets can only be invalidated by the issuing agency.
- Tickets cannot be invalidated over the phone. Passengers wishing to invalidate their tickets must hand them over to the issuing agency.
- The refund for the invalidated tickets can be made by the issuing agency and is valid for up to 2 years after the date of invalidation.
HIGH SEASON: 19/04/19-05/05/19 & 07/06/19-30/09/19(1)
- 7 days prior to departure: Tickets are cancelled without charge or can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date.
- From 7 days and up to 4 hours prior to departure (in Cyclades, Dodecanese, N. Aegean & Sporades routes): A 50% cancellation charge is applied or alternatively tickets can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date.
- From 7 days and up to 2 hours prior to departure (in Saronic islands): A 50% cancellation charge is applied or alternatively tickets can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date.
- 4 hours prior and up to the departure (in Cyclades, Dodecanese, N. Aegean & Sporades routes): 50% cancellation fees must be paid.
- 2 hours prior and up to the departure (in Saronic islands): 50% cancellation fees must be paid.
- In Piraeus-Aegina-Agistri route, tickets can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date, up to the departure.
- After departure: Tickets cannot be cancelled or converted to open date tickets or to travel another date.
For the period 19/04/19-27/04/19 & from 13/06/19-15/06/19 for all departures from Piraeus, Lavrio and Kavala and for the period 28/04/19-05/05/19 & 17/06/19-18/06/19 for all departures to Piraeus, Lavrio and Kavala, tickets are cancelled without charge or converted to open date tickets or for another departure date, 14 days prior to departure.
From 14 days and up to 7 days prior to departure, a 25% cancellation charge is applied or alternatively tickets can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date.
The same applies to all intermediate routes.
LOW SEASON: All other dates except those mentioned in HIGH SEASON
- 3 days prior to departure: Tickets are cancelled without charge or can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date.
- From 3 days and up to 1 hour prior to departure (in Cyclades, Dodecanese, N. Aegean & Sporades routes): A 50% cancellation charge is applied or alternatively tickets can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date
- From 3 days and up to the departure (in Saronic islands): A 50% cancellation charge is applied or alternatively tickets can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date.
- 1 hour prior and up to the departure (in Cyclades, Dodecanese, N. Aegean & Sporades routes): 50% cancellation fees must be paid.
- After departure: Tickets cannot be cancelled or converted to open date tickets or to travel another date.
OPEN DATE TICKETS:
- Open date tickets are cancelled without charge when they have been originally issued as open date.
- Tickets which have been converted to open date, are cancelled according to the canellation terms and conditions of the originally issued tickets.
CANCELLATION OF DEPARTURE OR DELAY DUE TO EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS etc.
Passengers and vehicles can embark without changing their tickets.
CANCELLATION OF DEPARTURE:
The tickets of a cancelled departure are not valid for embarkation and must be exchanged with a valid boarding card for the next scheduled departure, pending on availability.
In case of a departure being delayed or cancelled due to extreme weather conditions etc., passengers are kindly requested to contact the company’s port agencies in order to be informed about the new departure time.
LOSS OF TICKET(S)
When a ticket is lost, a new ticket must be bought. Passengers must declare in writing the ticket(s) loss, indicating the departure date, the itinerary and the number of the lost ticket as well as the number of the new ticket bought. The declaration and a photocopy of the new ticket bought must be sent to Attica Group central offices: 1-7, Lysikratous & Evripidou Street, 17674 Kallithea, Athens, Greece or can be sent to Customer Services Dept. by fax: +30-210-8919019 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the lost ticket has not been used within 1 month after the departure date, the company shall grant a ticket, for exactly the same value, free of charge. The number of the ticket lost, as well as other details, can be traced through the travel agency that the reservation was made and the ticket was issued.
PASSENGER’S PHONE NUMBER
Passengers are advised to provide their travel agency with a telephone number (preferably a mobile phone number) so they can be contacted in case of emergency e.g. cancellation of departure due to bad weather conditions etc.
- The company will endeavour to adhere to the itineraries that are mentioned in the brochure. However, it maintains the right for their modification, if it is absolutely necessary.
- Arrival times quoted indicate the time the vessel arrives at the entrance of the port.
- The company reserves the right to reschedule its vessels if necessary.
TICKET CONTROL ON BOARD
Purser’s Office staff carries out ticket controls at embarkation and during the journey. Passengers are obliged to show their tickets on demand and proof of discount, if applicable.
Luggage should be placed in the designated areas of the vessels as per the crew’s instructions. Passengers are entitled to carry free of charge, luggage up to 50 kilos or 1m3. Luggage must not contain valuable items.
These items can be handed over to the Chief Purser for safe-keeping.
The company is responsible for the damage or loss of luggage on board, only if they have been handed over for safe-keeping and a relevant receipt has been issued. The company cannot be held responsible for any loss of money or valuables left in the cabins, the ship’s common areas or the vehicles.
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
On board our vessels there are specially designed cabins with easy access and operation to accommodate passengers with special needs. Due to a limited number of cabins it is necessary to reserve in advance (Reservations Dept.: +30-210-8919800). For further assistance: Customer Services Dept., tel.: +30-210-8919010, e-mail: email@example.com
TRANSPORTATION OF UNACCOMPANIED MINORS
The transportation of minor passengers, who have reached the age of 15 to 18 years, without being accompanied by a parent or a guardian, is permitted under the following conditions:
Completion of a Statutory Declaration by the parent or the legal guardian of the minor, with his/her signature, certified by the relevant Police or Port Authority. For boarding on vessel, the minor passenger must possess in hand the original Statutory Declaration, along with the ticket, as well as his/her Identity Card for identification purposes.
In any case, the parent or the legal guardian of the minor passenger bears in full the responsibility for the prompt acquisition and certification of the Statutory Declaration, as well as of any accompanying documents that may be required at the port of departure. Under no circumstances will the company be liable if, due to inadequate documents and/or identification certificates, boarding is not allowed by the vessel’s Officers or the Port Authorities.
Relevant declaration forms are available at the Customer Services Dept., tel.: +30-210-8919010, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as at the local port offices of the company.
A limited number of Pet cabins are available on board. It is necessary to reserve these cabins in advance. Should these be fully booked, a small number of kennels are also available. For reasons of public hygiene, pets are not allowed in cabins (other than the specially designated pet cabins), bars, restaurants and the ship’s indoor public areas. When walking on the open deck, they are required to wear muzzle and be on a leash, accompanied by a guardian.
Passengers traveling with a pet should hold updated health documents for their pet and are responsible for the pet’s care, safety and hygiene. Special areas for the pets’ daily hygiene are available on board.
Unaccompanied pets are not accepted for embarkation.
LOST AND FOUND SERVICE
Passengers, who have lost or found a lost item on board, are kindly requested to contact the ship’s Reception immediately during their journey and most importantly before disembarkation. For any information you may require after disembarkation, please contact Company’s Head Offices, Customer Services Dept., tel.: +30-210-8919010, e-mail: email@example.com
For security reasons, all persons and all items brought on board the vessel are liable to be searched. Persons refusing to comply with this demand shall be denied access on board and will be reported to the appropriate port authorities.
All passengers are required to present their ticket, identity card or any other official documents to the vessel’s authorized personnel. The carrier reserves the right to deny embarkation to any individual who does not possess valid travel documents or fails to prove beyond doubt, his/her identity.
Once a passenger has boarded the vessel, they are not allowed to disembark prior to departure, unless approved by vessel’s Officers. Passengers who wish to disembark, must take with them all their luggage and/or vehicle (if possible).
Any weapons carried must be declared upon embarkation.
NO SMOKING LAW 3730
As per the National Law 3730 of the Greek Ministry of Health, as from 1st July 2009 smoking is strictly prohibited in all enclosed public areas, as well as the vessels’ cabins. Passengers may smoke in the designated areas on the open outer decks.
RIGHTS OF PASSENGERS IN THE EVENT OF ACCIDENTS
Rights of passengers travelling by sea in the event of accidents: http://www.hcg.gr/node/12912